Effective May 2020
MasterCard Has Made Numerous Changes;
Click the link to go to THEIR Site
Select what you would like to Download;
1. CURRENT INTERCHANGE RATES or
2. UPCOMING CHANGES FOR MAY 2020
- There are Rate Increases Notably on Standard & Card Not Present Rates that are Used in e-Commerce, Online and Manually Entered Transactions.
- For Reviewing Purposes Rate Reductions are Highlighted in RED.
- MasterCard Is Introducing A New Category of Credit Card - Muse MasterCard
In Addition to New Rates for 3 Other Items;
1. Performance Program - Card Not Present
2. Industry Program - Utilities Flat Rate Per Item
3. Emerging Segments - Preferred
How Does This Affect You?
THIS CHANGE MEANS;
Current Processor is Required to Provide Notification on Your Merchant Statement a Minimum of 90 Days prior to Implementation.
Please check your Merchant
Statement, or it may appear in an email
or on their website. Please check your rights as per the Canadian Code of Conduct to Ensure You are NOT being Over-charged by Your Processor and to ensure all Rate Reductions are Passed Through to you.
Click on the link to download the Canadian Code of Conduct it as you may be able to Cancel your Agreement, Including Lease agreements for equipment, if your Rights are being ignored;
See the POLICY ELEMENTS Section items 1,2,3 to see what actions you may be able to take, if any.